Architecture + Design
1044 Sonoma Avenue, Menlo Park
Boasting the convenience of the Flood Park area – minutes to both downtown Palo Alto and Menlo Park – this home was thoughtfully conceived and built in 2008. Influenced by the Contemporary Prairie style, the entire home is luxuriously modern from the stacked stone accents outside to the sleek and open interiors. Fine travertine floors and hardwood unify the main level, which offers flexibility for a media room or formal living room. The heart of the home will surely be the great room, spanning the rear, where a stunning kitchen, spacious dining area, and wonderful family living space combine in a single open venue. Designer elegance is evidenced at every turn with custom built-ins, including a tremendous office area just before the kitchen. Breakfast/wine bar seating can be found at the island, with ample space defined for formal dining where French doors open to the rear yard for al fresco enjoyment. An array of top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances include a Dacor gas range and Sub-Zero refrigerator.
Architecturally interesting ceilings add to the home’s flair, including a barrel vault in the foyer and lofty coffer in the family room, with custom window coverings blending in harmony with the natural color palette used throughout. Four bedrooms begin with a main-level bedroom and bath ideal for guests. Upstairs, the master suite and two additional bedrooms provide further luxurious accommodations.
The rear yard invites outdoor living in complete privacy with a fire pit terrace, U-shaped raised vegetable beds, and ample space for play and entertaining. Luxury like-new living, 3 blocks to Flood Park, and just 2 miles to Facebook – this is the perfect home for Silicon Valley living!
Summary of the Home
- Newly constructed custom home in 2008
- Modern Zen-like design with Contemporary Prairie style
- Four bedrooms and three baths on two levels
- Travertine tile floors in most of the living areas
- Media room, large customized office area, and tremendous great room
- Stunning open kitchen with exotic granite counters, glass tile backsplashes, stainless steel appliances, and island seating
- Inviting family room area with sleek gas fireplace
- Main-level bedroom and full bath
- Upstairs master suite with media area and spa-like bath
- Two additional bedrooms served by a full bath
- Attached two-car garage with built-ins and epoxy floor
- Beautiful rear yard with fire pit terrace, built-in seating, and vegetable garden
- Approximately 2,794 total square feet
- Lot size of approximately 6,000 square feet
- Excellent Menlo Park schools
- Close proximity to downtown Palo Alto and Menlo Park plus Stanford University